Thursday 15 September 2011

Melbourne Zoo - One of my favourite places!


In anticipation for my upcoming 4 months off (hehehehe) I started to think about things I want to do over my break. 

One of my ultimate favourite things to do in Melbourne is to visit the Royal Melbourne Zoo. I go once a year, at least!



The Melbourne Zoo is one of those places that appeals to almost anyone. It has beautiful gardens, cute animals, awesome reptiles and stunning birds. 



I know some people are opposed to the idea of keeping animals in captivity, but the Melbourne Zoo has done amazing things with there enclosures. They resemble there natural habitats, and make sure they are stimulated, and have thir privacy. They also do so much for animal conservation. Almost every time I go there is a new baby something! 




I especially love going with my little brother and sister, because it gives me an excuse to run around like a little kid all day....



Another reason why I love to go with them is because I get to see their captivated little faces as they watch the animals. 



I love this photo of my gorgeous little sister watching the seals swim above her. 


There is nothing better than spending the whole day at the zoo, wandering around looking at all the different creatures.  I even like looking at the insects and spiders! (warning: scroll down quick if you are scared of spiders!)


Last time that I went to the Zoo, I came hope with a little souvenir. My boyfriend is a Ranga (aka. Redhead) so I thought this badge was highly appropriate. 



If I had to pick my favourite animal..... I couldn't! I love them all! I could happily go to the Zoo every month and not get sick of it! If you have never been, I highly suggest you do! Make sure you let me know what you think!



What's you favourite bit about going to the Zoo? What's you favourite animal? 

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh I LOVE the zoo! I went a few months back after not having been since a Year 9 Science excursion and had a blast - I was also amazed with how different it is now compared to then. Your bro and sis are too cute!

    ReplyDelete